The internship aims at developing the student’s skills thanks to a real work experience. During the second semester of the second year, the student will have the opportunity to either attend 1 or 2 elective courses, or do an Internship, the workload of which will be converted into credits.
At MIBE, students can decide between:
- Degree Plus, which consists in less credits via usual courses + 2 highly-qualified internships in leading companies of the MIBE network, plus special sessions, events and opportunities (for selected students only, 10 seats available) – FOR DETAILED INFO SEE THIS PAGE
Note: Mind not to confuse these two opportunities, because each one of them has its own procedures!!!
Description and requirements
The student decides to insert in his/her study plan an internship, instead of taking 1 or 2 electives. At the end of the internship, its workload will be converted into 6 or 12 credits, depending on the internship’s duration and working hours. In order to have these credits in your study career, the internship must:
- be selected in your study plan during the second year
- last at least 5 months, and for no less than 700 hours (12 credits)
- last at least 3 months, and for no less than 400 hours (6 credits)
- be started and completed in the II semester of the II year
What are the potential companies where to apply for an internship?
- Option A) Companies already MIBE partners. In this case, the internship will be automatically approved;
- Obtion B) Companies which are NOT MIBE partners. In this case, the student will have to submit his/her proposal to MIBE Placement Office (email@example.com) for an evaluation.
How to find the right Internship for you?
- ASK “MIBE PLACEMENT OFFICE”, which offers to Mibers several internship/job opportunities on a monthly base;
- Get in contact with C.O.R. (firstname.lastname@example.org ) to check open opportunities
- EXPLOIT frequent opportunies by taking part to MIBE special events
- CHECK frequently your academic e-mail address(@universitadipavia.it)
- FIND an internship opportunity yourself
For further details, please have a look at this PRESENTATION
What is ‘Degree Plus’? (“Laurea Plus”)
Degree plus is a innovative learning experience developed by University of Pavia – first in Italy – straddling classroom and real job. It lasts five semesters – one more than the four normally planned – two of which will be spent as challenging, qualified and rewarded internships with our firm partners. Degree plus is reserved to a few selected and talented students. Selection takes place at the end of the first year of MIBE and it’s for selected students only (10 seats available). Call for application to Degree Plus – for already enrolled Mibers – usually open in September/October.
Learn more about the special program “Degree Plus (Laurea Plus)”
What is the ‘Plus’ of Degree Plus at MIBE?
- Two high level Paid Internships (6 months each)
- Two reference letters from companies at the end of Internships
- Detailed Appraisal of Personal Skills and matching with job opportunities
- Access to our Talent Development Program
- Special Lectures / Events
Which are the partner companies of the Degree Plus Internships?
Here you can find a list of all the MIBE partners for the Degree Plus Programme