3M CHALLENGE (Deadline: December 1st 2016)
NEWS: “3M CHALLENGE” IS OPEN
The MIBE partner ‘3M’ would like to engage Mibers in a ‘Field Work’. The goal of this initiative is:
- From 3’sM viewpoint: Discover talented students for potential future collaboration in 3M
- From the Students’ viewpoint: Share knowledge with 3M experts and improve skills in the fields of ‘strategic marketing’ and ‘business development’.
SUBJECT/INDUSTRY: Ho.Re.Ca. (Hotel, Restaurant e Catering) market analysis in Italy, related to Facility Management needs (cleaning, maintenance, refurbishment of buildings/spaces).
WHAT IS THE GOAL OF THE “3M FIELD WORK”?
- Develop a deep understanding of the purchasing process of Hotels and Restaurants (customer journey) and its steps;
- Develop a segmentation of the Ho.Re.Ca. vertical market (i.e. chains vs independents, define other criteria of segmentation)
- In the different segments highlighted in point 1
- For the different 3M product families belonging to the Commercial Solution Division (cleaning, workplace safety, graphic & architectural films for interior and exterior decoration – catalogues will be provided)
- Identify decision makers and influencers concerning the above purchasing process;
- Develop Competitive analysis: how relevant direct and indirect competitors are operating in this market
ROADMAP & DEADLINE:
- Create your team by December 1st. Find members (no more than 4) of your team and send the application by clicking here. If you don’t have a team you can also send an individual application and we’ll try to support you in finding a team.
- Read material provided. In early December, we’ll send to all applicants some digital material to be read before Dec 12th. This material offers further details about goals and contents of the business game with 3M.
- Kick-off Meeting, December 12 h3pm. Meeting with 3M managers, in-depth discussion about goals of the business game and clarifications about shared material (venue: Department of Economics and Management, University of Pavia, room to be defined)
- Intermediary Check-Point: January 20th, h10:00 (venue: Department of Economics and Management, University of Pavia, room to be defined)
- Submission of your analysis (teamwork), by February 10th.
- Presentation, February 15, h3pm. Presentation of the work done by all teams in front of 3M managers who will provide their feedback about outcome of teams. Venue: to be defined.
Each group has to encompass a maximum of 4 members, including a minimum of 1-2 having fluent Italian.
Important: please do not send e-mail asking for further details since info not included here will be provided and discussed on Dec 12 with 3M managers.