Applications for academic year 2021-2022 are closed.
If you would like to stay informed about further MIBE news, call for applications, and be notified about important deadlines and procedure, please fill the form at the bottom of this page.
APPLICATIONS FOR EU STUDENTS and NON-EU STUDENTS REGULARLY RESIDING IN ITALY
Applications for academic year 2021-2022 are CLOSED.
If you want to have an idea of this year’s selection process, see below.
Number of seats available: 65
- Until 17 May 2021 by 12:00 it is possible to apply
- Applications will be evaluated and a score will be assigned to each applicant, according to the criteria described here.
- From 20 May 2021 a ranking of the candidates who obtained a score equal to or greater than 33 points will be published, according to the score obtained. Eligibility to enroll is given to the 65 students with the higher scores out of the rank.
- From 21 to 27 May (by 12:00) the above 65 students can enroll
PHASE 2 – 36 seats left from phase 1
- From 31 May (9:00 am.) to 2nd July (12:00) 2021 a second round of applications (seats left from phase 1 are 36)
- A score will be assigned to each applicant according to the criteria described here.
- From 5th July 2021 a ranking of all the applicants will be published, according to the score obtained (no minimum score in this phase)
- From 6th July 2021 enrollment will follow (following the ranking) until all 65 seats are occupied.
- In case of equal score, precedence is given to the student who applied first
- Students who could not enroll in phase 1 can re-submit a new application in phase 2
- When applying,
- Attach all the compulsory documents listed in the official bando (see page 3 of the bando for the full list)
- Sign all the documents which require a signature
TO READ THE BANDO AND SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION CLICK HERE (please read carefully the call for application before starting the application procedure)
See also the FAQ section for futher info.
Complete the form “Stay Tuned” below to receive updates.
APPLICATIONS FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2021-2022 are closed.
APPLICATIONS FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2022-2023 are going to open in November 2021.
APPLICATION PERIOD: from November 2021 until mid-June 2022 (until all seats are assigned)
NUMBER OF PLACES AVAILABLE: 25
Due to the high number of requests and the limited number of places available, we strongly recommend to apply as early as possible.
1. Minimal entry requirements check:
Before applying, check you hold the minimal entry requirements required to apply for MIBE
2. Application submission:
The application consists in an online procedure duringh which you will be requested to upload the following documents:
- A scan of your Bachelor degree transcript supplied by your university reporting the individual exams taken (or to be taken if still graduating) , relative marks and numbers of credits (or study hours) for each exam. If you have more than one degree, you may upload more than one transcript, each as a separate file.
- A copy of your passport
- An excel file to be completed with all the exams from your transcript, divided and grouped according to the different subject areas specified in the file. To download the Excel file, click here;
- Your curriculum vitae;
- A scan of your English language certificate (optional);
In order to appy an application fee of A scan of 35 euros must be paid. Payment instructions via credit/debit card are provided during the online procedure.
All applicants MUST PAY this fee in order for their application to be considered and take part to the selection (see below on this page).
Once you have prepared the above documents, follow these instructions:
- Go to the University of Pavia application portal HERE
- Register (click on “Become an Applicant”) in order to apply for MIBE (Master Programme in International Business and Entrepreneurship)
Students who hold the minimal entry requirements and have correctly applied will then have to take part to a selection session which may lead to an online interview or other type of test.
Due to the growing number of applications, a first selection will be made on the following basis:
- assessement of academic curriculum (exams taken, marks…)
- diversity of applicants: countries and gender
- cv in relation to age
Following the above assessment, candidates will be notified if they are admitted to the next selection step, the interview.
Students who pass the whole selection procedure will receive the final confirmation that they are admitted to the Master’s Programme.
All the details on the selection session will be supplied directly to candidates throughout the application process.
Students admitted to the Master’s Programme will need to contact an Italian diplomatic authority in their home country, in order to assemble all the documents needed to enroll and submit a pre-enrollment application with the University of Pavia. which needs to be done online on Universitaly platform. See info at this link
On top of the pre-enrollment application, the list of documents to assemble via an Italian Diplomatic authority is as follows:
– The ORIGINAL DOCUMENT (A COPY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED) of the University diploma (3-year university degree) suitable for enrollment in the Laurea Magistrale
– a translation of the University diploma into Italian (either by the Italian diplomatic authority in their home county or by a translator out of a list provided by the authority). The translation should therefore be certified by the Italian authorities in the country where the qualification was awarded.
– The original copy of the university diploma must be accompanied by a declaration of its value (dichiarazione di valore in loco), issued by the Italian authorities in the country where the qualification was awarded.
– An official document issued by the foreign university containing a list of the exams translated into Italian and legalized by the Italian authority.
Further information on foreign documents validation and deadlines can be found at this link:
Students holding a foreign qualification who have been admitted and have collected all documents required for enrollment (by the Italian diplomatic authority) will have to come and bring all the documents to Pavia in September in order to enroll. At this stage, the first installment of the tuition fee must be paid. For info on fees, please see this link
For queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to apply an application fee must be paid. The fees already paid will not be refunded. For academic year 2020-2021 it was 35 Euros.
Info for payment
You can use our online payment system PagoPA to pay by credit, debit card or Paypal. Enter your Student Portal and find the payment to be made in Segreteria – Pagamenti section. Open the payment page by clicking the invoice number and then choose the online payment method in red ‘Pago con PagoPA’.
If you are unable to pay online, we accept a number of offline payment methods. In this case, you have to print out the bill from Student Portal by clicking the button in blue ‘Stampa Avviso per PagoPA’ and bring it to your bank (if equipped with PagoPA system)/any branch of Banca Popolare di Sondrio/a tabacco shop (if equipped with PagoPA system).
Click here to see the tutorial.
In academic year 2020/2021 the tuition fee is divided in 4 installments to be paid within different deadlines:
- First instalment
The first instalment of € 156.00 is equal for everybody . Fixed tax of 156 euros for first year students, fixed tax of 156 euros plus 20% of the total variable part paid year before for student enrolled in subsequent years. The deadline to pay coincides with the enrolment deadline.
Deadline: 25th September 2020 for students enrolled in subsequent years. First year students please make the payment within relevant deadline in the call for applicants.
- Second instalment
The second instalment is equal to 40% of variable part calculated this year (of the total amount due), based on the students’s family financial status or on the maximum contribution level for students who do not ask for reductions.
Deadline: 4th December 2020
- Third instalment
The third instalment is equal to 30% of variable part calculated this year (of the total amount due), based on the students’s family financial status or on the maximum contribution level for students who do not ask for reductions.
Deadline: 12th February 2021
- Fourth instalment
The fourth instalment is equal to the difference between the yearly full fee and the amounts paid in the first, second and third instalments.
Deadline: 16th April 2021.
Submission of documents for tuition determination by 23rd October 2020;
Tuition fees are calculated based on the financial status of the student’s family (ISEE indicator)
- maximum contribution level corresponds to 80.000,00 € of ISEE
- students with a family financial status lower than 23.000 euros are entitled to the total exemption from contribution . This will allow many students to access or complete their studies for free, except for the 156 euros (first fixed instalment)
Detailed info on fees and their amount according to ISEE range are provided at THIS LINK
NOTE THAT the contribution area (Fee area) of the Faculty of Economics is Area 2
An annual “FLAT RATE” for tuition fees has been introduced for international students, set according to the country of origin (citizenship) of the student and the type of course.
Check your flat rate according to your country at this link
IMPORTANT: in case of double citizenship , one of which is EU, the latter will prevail and the contribution fees’ calculations will follow the same rules as for EU students
It is still possible to apply for reductions from the flat rate, if your family financial status is below 23,000 euros and you don’t want to stick to the flat rate (see above info).
The ecomomic situation of the student’s family is estimated with the ISEE indicator (Indicator of Equivalent Economic Status) and calculated for each student by the university tax Office (Ufficio Tasse). At this link a simulator.
In order to have the ISEE indicator (and the resulting fee) calculated, students with income produced abroad should provide SOME DOCUMENTS WHICH MUST BE TRANSLATED INTO ITALIAN AND LEGALIZED BY THE ITALIAN DIPLOMATIC AUTHORITY
For detailed info on the documents required see THIS LINK.
Invest your Talent in Italy
It is a scholarship offered by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, open to students coming from
Azerbaijan · Brazil · Colombia · Egypt · Ethiopia · India · Indonesia · Iran · Ghana · Kazakhstan · Mexico · People’s Republic of China · Tunisia · Turkey · Vietnam
who would like to access Master Programmes and postgraduate courses held in English in Engineering, Advanced Technologies, Architecture, Design, Economics and Management at prestigious Italian Universities. Once selected by the university of choice, students from the above countries can access the opportunities offered by the Programme: scholarships, reductions/exemptions in tuition fees, orientation and student support services.
For further info, please see: https://investyourtalentapplication.esteri.it/SitoInvestYourTalentApplication/progetto.asp
EDiSU, an external organization collaborating with the University of Pavia, gives students the possibility to apply for financial benefits and/or gain access to one of the eleven Colleges (Collegi) of the University of Pavia. Please see the links below for detailed info:
Info for Italian students: http://www.edisu.pv.it/
If you would like to stay informed about MIBE applications and news, and be notified about important deadlines and procedure, please fill in the following form.